Saturday, July 19, 2008

Trust

We all desire things in our daily lives. Some of our desires are needs and some are wants. Like right now I want a big fat piece of cheesecake! But I really need to purchase groceries that fulfill more than my sweet tooth!

How many times do we struggle over and over with our own desires and end up frustrated that the Lord has not fulfilled them? When is it time to trust Him enough to ask Him to take the desire off of your heart and replace it with a bigger desire for Him? How many times do we struggle over and over with our needs not being met right away and we become anxious?

Right now it's time to trust Him with all of our desires and our needs. He knows what we need before we ask for it! He cares for the flowers and the sparrows, how much more does He care for us? He tells us to ask, seek and knock and He'll give us what we ask for in His timing and in His power, but my favorite part of that scripture is that Luke asks the reader to think about how much more power of the Holy Spirit He will give us if we just ask for that. So in that scripture, He's giving us a no brainer...just ask for the Holy Spirit and poof, He'll be yours!

When we trust God with our lives, with our heart's desires, with our everything we are able to say to Him, "Lord I really want a piece of cheesecake, but it's not on my plate and I can't afford it right now. Could you please take this off of my heart because it's distracting me from the food that you have for me right now in this moment."
We might also be able to say to the Lord, "Lord, I really need to purchase groceries, but I don't have the money for them right now, could you please allow me that peace that surpasses all understanding as I sit at your feet, keeping my eyes on you, My Provider."
And when the desire or anxiousness comes back, we have to ask again for the power of the Holy Spirit to bring us peace over all of our circumstances...AND, He will! It's His promise!!! I challenge you to try this at home and let me know how it goes...

Scriptures for further study:

Lev 26:1 " 'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the Lord your God.

Mat 6:8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Deu 8:3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

Mat 6:26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Luk 10:41-42 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Psa 132:15 I will bless her with abundant provisions; her poor will I satisfy with food.

Isa 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Phl 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Phl 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

No comments: