Thursday, July 17, 2008

Two Are Better Than One

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.Ecc 4:9-12

It always seems that when my friend is down, I am up and when I am down, my friend is up. She told me that she had a vision of a teeter totter and the metal center pivot was Christ. So that if we keep ourselves centered on Christ neither one of us will be up or down, but level and equal. What a great way to visualize this scripture. Two truly are better than one, but when two are focused on Christ they become a cord of three strands and that for sure is not quickly broken.

No comments: