Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fear

1Jo 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

I know many people have deep rooted fears. Some fear the water, some fear relationships, talking in groups, teaching others, getting to know others, catastrophic events, the end of the world, their parents dying, some fear animals and there are even people that fear going outside. Fear is based on lies from the enemy. There is no fear in perfect love, because Jesus casts it all out. The only fear we are to have is the fear of being outside of God’s perfect will.

His love and grace covers all of our sin, so really there should be zero fear in the world, yet so many of us have anxiety. The fear prevents us from serving Him fully, from speaking, teaching, encouraging others, having healthy relationships, and just enjoying life in general.

Thank you for teaching me this morning how frustrating it is when others are fearful. I think about how frustrated you must feel with each of us when we don’t trust you. You tell us that you have control, you’re holding onto us, and that you’re even going to stay with us for the entire ride. When we still freak out and have major anxiety, you understand, but it breaks your heart that we miss the blessing of walking uprightly with confidence and enjoying ourselves.

Hopefully we won’t look back at our lives and say, “There was some fun to be had along the way, but we were too afraid to enjoy it and our fear won out.”

Let us choose to believe, remembering that Faith is a gift of God Eph 2:8 that we need to exercise to the fullest!


Scripture for further study:
Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God–

Deu 5:29 'Oh, that they had such a heart in them that they would fear Me and always keep all My commandments, that it might be well with them and with their children forever!

1Ch 28:20 And David said to his son Solomon, "Be strong and of good courage, and do it; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the LORD God--my God--will be with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you, until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.

2Th 2:9-11 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie…

1Jo 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

Rom 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Psa 62:8 Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God [is] a refuge for us. Selah

Eze 36:23 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I [am] the LORD," says the Lord GOD, "when I am hallowed in you before their eyes.

Psa 139:10 Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me.

Isa 41:13 For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'

Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell* in the house of the LORD Forever. I understand your fear, broken heart

Isa 44:8 Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared [it]? You [are] My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Indeed [there is] no other Rock; I know not [one].' "

Isa 57:11 "And of whom have you been afraid, or feared, That you have lied And not remembered Me, Nor taken [it] to your heart? Is it not because I have held My peace from of old That you do not fear Me?

Luk 12:32 "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Lev 26:13 I [am] the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that [you] should not be their slaves; I have broken the bands of your yoke and made you walk upright.

No comments: