Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Offense

I woke up early this morning and began thinking over an offense that one of my friends had made toward me, which in reality is between the Lord and that person.
Nevertheless, I began to stress a little about why this person would want to allow seeds to be planted from the enemy. I had a hurt in my heart that felt like a heavy weight. I decided to take it to the Lord in prayer like so many of my good friends are in the practice of doing. The Lord is AMAZING!

I told the Lord about the offense and I asked Him to tell me why anyone might want to allow this to be planted in anyone else’s heart. I didn’t feel that I heard any response from Jesus, but I continued praying about a couple of other things. The amazing thing that happened, is that when I went back to talk to the Lord about the offense, it wasn’t there! The weight had lifted and it was gone! I didn’t feel the stress or the anguish that I had about it again. Just like it never existed!

How quickly the Lord forgives all of us of our sins when we ask and another person might try to dredge them up, but they’re not there! The weight was lifted and really there need'nt be any explanation why, just forgiveness and that love that covers all our sins.

Pro 17:9 He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.

1Jo 2:12 I write to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name.

1Pe 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

All scripture references were retrieved from http://www.blueletterbible.org on July 28, 2008.

No comments: