Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Next Day

And after we set our eyes on Him and share His mercy with others, whether in person or in prayer (The Spirit knows!), He is faithful to give us that peace that surpasses all understanding because our eyes are on Him.

Furthermore, when we can understand that the situation is always between ourselves and God, that mercy that leads us to forgiveness is so much easier to come by!

I really love how the Lord is changing me and changing my heart. I'm at a deeper level of understanding today that the relationship between God and I is really what's important. We offer up prayers for others, obviously we're called to do this, but first we must offer up prayers for our own hearts that He would change us first. Whenever you get that longing, that pang or that hurt that won't go away...realize it's not even your heart, it's the Lord's and He wants to change it. Give it to Him and He'll take care of keeping it soft!

I love you LORD!

No comments: